Tuesday

Turn of the Century Arab Engraving

This is another favorite engraving titled 'The Lion Hunt' it is turn of the century and the handcoloring is most unusual as the paint is applied thickly and layered making for a most interesting effect.
I was initially attracted to it because it is an educational look into the breed type of the Arabian Horse at the turn of century...that is why I began an interest in animal antiques, because I am facinated at the way animals looked in the past and how and why they have changed.
I sold this engraving at the first of the year to a collector for five times what I paid for it...proof that antiques are a good investment. But don't buy a piece because you want to invest...buy it because you like it. I loved this one and must admit I had reservations about letting it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment